Background

Today I am taking Braeden to the pediatrician's office for his 5 year well visit. I can't believe we are going to complete health forms/assessments for him to enroll in Kindergarten this fall. Where does the time go? I remember when Braeden was born and Ed and I weren't sure that we wanted our children going to the Bonner Springs schools. I told Ed, Braeden is just a baby and we have 5 years to decide to move. At the time 5 years seemed so far off. It has gone by in the blink of an eye and here we are, preparing for Kindergarten. Delaware Ridge and the Bonner Springs schools are still planning on a full-day Kindergarten. I called them in a panic last week when I heard Piper was going to half-day Kindergarten due to State budget cuts (which is a whole different blog).

Tots and Tales provides a private Kindergarten class. While having both kids still at one place would be nice and I have been told the Kindergarten class is excellent, I want Braeden to start Kindergarten with the children he will continue to be in class with the following years. At Delaware Ridge the children keep the same teacher for 2 years. Braeden has actually been moved to the Kindergarten class at Tots and Tales and we are really proud of him. He is learning so much and seems to be ready for Kindergarten. Tots and Tales has been great for him!

0 comments: