Background

Easter 2010

A couple of weeks ago, Ed's sister Katie and her family came to visit from Toledo. We were able to get an updated "cousins picture". Everyone is getting so big! *Please don't judge me for Brenna's socks...she wanted to dress herself that day! :)



The weekend before Easter, we went to The Grand Court, where Ed's Grandma lives. The grandchildren enjoyed an Easter Egg Hunt and were able to meet The Easter Bunny.



This is Braeden and his cousin Helen. They were born only two months apart and are great friends. They always have so much fun together and love to have sleepovers at each other's houses.



Easter weekend was CRAZY! It started on Friday morning...

7am- went to Price Chopper for weekly groceries and Easter dinner

8am- baked cookies and brownies for the Ronald McDonald House

9am- my sister's baby, Carson, arrived (I watch him every Friday)

10am- stuffing Easter Eggs, cleaning house, laundry, and then the mini-tornado passed through the neighborhood

*I know there is no such thing as a mini-tornado, but if you were at my house, you would understand. I was so afraid for the trash men's lives that I invited two strangers into my house until the storm passed. Stupid to do in the world we live in?...probably, but they were perfectly nice men and very grateful. Guess who's trashcans were placed next to their garage doors yesterday? Mine! Everyone else's trashcans were thrown in their yards or driveway. I took their gesture as a little "Thank You."

Okay, on with my day...10am-12pm- no electricity!

2pm- started boiling 4 dozen eggs- 2 dozen for the kids to dye, 2 dozen to make into deviled eggs

3pm- Mom arrived to start making dinner for the Ronald McDonald House

3:30pm- Ed calls to tell me that we will be taking one of his clients out for dinner. What??? I haven't showered all day! I still need to drive downtown to drop off the food to the Ronald McDonald House! I was still watching Carson! He wants me to find a babysitter for tonight! OMG!!

4pm- Ed's Mom arrived to help too and agreed to watch the kids!

*We made Greek Chicken Pasta Salad, Corn and Potato Chowder, Loaves of French Bread, cookies and brownies. We hope that all of the families staying at the Ronald McDonald House enjoyed the dinner. It was a great experience to provide for families going through so much with ill children.

5:30pm- dropped food off

6pm- jumped in the shower and we left to go pick up Ed's client for dinner

10pm- BEDTIME!!!


Saturday we dyed Easter Eggs, finished cleaning the house, cut the grass...everything that needed to be done to prepare our home for Easter with my Mom's side of the family.



This is Brenna after my sister put curlers in her hair. She was supposed to sleep in them, but 5 minutes after Lindsey finish, Brenna came down from the toy room with all of them taken out of her hair!



Easter morning pictures before church!




My Mom and I spent Easter Sunday in the Nursery. This is a picture of Braeden, Brenna, and Baby Carson! I think it is a great picture!





We had an Easter egg hunt at our house with all of the family!






0 comments: