Background

Nursing Home Visit

After church yesterday Ed, myself, and the kids all went to visit Ed's Grandma Dorothy. She lives at Villa St. Francis, which is a nursing home in Overland Park. She is suffering from Alzheimer's. Such a TERRIBLE illness, by the way! Anyways, we were walking to her room and we passed several people sitting in wheelchairs. The next thing I know, Braeden stops, (about two feet from a woman) points and says LOUDLY, "That one must be sick!"

Ed and I just stared at each other mortified. We then proceed to tell Braeden to keep his mouth closed until we got to Grandma Dorothy's room. The only thing that I was thinking was, I hope that women was as oblivious to what was said as Braeden was. He didn't mean anything by the comment and the woman probably didn't understand anything he was saying, but it sure was enough for Ed and I to want to crawl under a rock!!

0 comments: