Background

Just Need To Vent

I've never really complained about my job on this blog. I am just thankful to have a job, so I usually just try to keep my job complaints to myself (well, Ed gets to hear about them). But...I have had it with teenagers and their texting! Why do teenagers think that it is appropriate to text while I am trying to clean their teeth? And the best part is, they act like my arms and hands are getting in their way while I am doing them a service. Their attitude blows my mind!Get some RESPECT!!

I have a sign hanging in my operatory, right in front of their faces, that asks all cell phones to be turned off. It is always completely ignored. I have 1 hour with my patients to get all of their treatment completed, a Dr's exam, and then get my room disinfected and set up for the next patient. I don't have time to wait for people to finish texts before I lay the x-ray apron on their chests. I don't have time to wait for them to finish texting before I can lay the chair back. I don't have time to wait for them to finish texting before they will open their mouths to get started and I don't have time for them to keep checking their phone and replying to texts they receive. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!! ABSOLUTELY DISRESPECTFUL!! Where are good manners and etiquette?

We always hear about texting while driving or texting while in school, well I have had it with texting while getting teeth cleaned! Enough is enough!!

1 comments:

Amen! I so remeber that! What a hassle. I can only imagine it has gotten worse in the past two years. I don't know how Kevin does it working with teenagers all day. They act like they cannot hear you or that you are a bother to them. I work at Kevin's once a week. When I am trying to ask a question or schedule their appointment (around their schedule) they look at me like I am a pain. AHHHH!

January 7, 2010 at 11:01 PM