Background

Restaurant 101

Last night we went out to dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse. From the moment we sat down, Brenna was SCREAMING for chap stick, or snacks, or water, or to get down from her highchair. Every time she would open her mouth, Ed and I would look at each other with the "why did we decide to go out to dinner" eyes. I know it is horrible parenting, but we always bring snacks to keep them quiet before our meal arrives. They usually don't eat much of their meal, because they are full on cheerios or fruit snacks!

Finally the meal was over and we were getting ready to leave when Brenna out did herself...She walked past a table on the way out of the restaurant and grabbed a steak knife off of someone else's table! The two men at the table jumped up because it scared them that she had this huge knife in her hand. I immediately began apologizing and was horribly embarrassed that she interrupted their dinner and put her dirty little hands on the silverware he was using!

Lesson of the day: You must always stay one step ahead of them and think one step ahead of them. They can be so sneaky!

1 comments:

The next time I babysit Brenna, I'm going to put a camera in our house. You would not recognize her. She is angelic. She does everything we ask, the first time, and never cries. Why are kids always different with their own parents? :) (Not me, though, mine are crazy for everyone.)

April 29, 2009 at 10:19 PM