Background

Realization

OK, so I am ADDICTED to reading blogs! There are soooo many blogs out there and I love reading about people's lives, opinions, and interests. The one thing I have realized while reading these blogs is that my blog is so BORING!! I update my blog like maybe once a week and post cutesy pictures with some story that is not really that interesting. Please understand, I am NOT saying that my children's lives are not interesting, but I think I can be a little more honest and raw about my experiences in motherhood. I am always so concerned about what other people will think about me as a mother, that I am probably not as up front about life as I see it and live it.

Some things I need to get off my chest:

I HATE going to the Grocery Store! (Ed usually does the shopping)

I don't brush my children's teeth everyday and I am a Dental Hygienist!

The days I am not at work, I take a nap...a long nap!

I put Cheerios in a baggie for breakfast and Braeden eats them on the way to school!

I like beer!

When I need to get chores done around the house, I put on a movie for the kids to watch!

I suffer from depression and are on meds for it and some days I feel like they aren't working!

SOMETIMES I look forward to going to work to "get away" form motherhood!

I know I should attend church EVERY Sunday! (That is how I was raised-sorry Mom!)

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my children! I give them tons of kisses everyday. I encourage them everyday. I pray for them everyday. I pray for their health, their safety, their happiness. I love seeing the excitement on their faces when they experience something new. I love watching them play together.

Bottom line, I am not perfect and it feels good to admit it. I am going to continue being the best mom I can be, but I am going to be much more candid about it. Judge me if you want, but I am who I am.

6 comments:

For what it's worth, this might be my favorite post that you've ever written.
And I love that you don't brush your kids teeth every single day.
And I admire you for admitting that you wonder if your depression meds are working. I took some anti-anxiety meds for about a year after having Ava, (I thought it was a postpartum thing), but now I feel like I'm fighting every day not to end up back on them. And it's hard to admit that, too, so I admire you for telling people.

I know some people in my family cringe at some of the stuff that I put out there in my blog, but there's something kind of healing about admitting your flaws/insecurities. Even though people may judge me, at least they're judging the real me, and not the perfect facade that I used to try to keep up. And I don't care if people don't like the real me, because I'm okay with myself. Anyway, I'm proud of you.

April 12, 2009 at 10:58 PM  

Kelly, I love your honnesty in this post. I love reading about the real you! I haven't been blogging regularly lately and it's because I too am on depression meds (the highest dose available) and feel like they just aren't working anymore. Spring can't come soon enough - I think I might need some serious sunshine.

April 13, 2009 at 7:17 AM  

This too is my favorite post. Here's my thoughts on it...the people who look like they have it together the most...actually have the worst problems. The people who can laugh at themselves and be honest are usually the happier families. But maybe that is just what I tell myself to make me feel better. ha ha
no seriously, I just got online to post about how I forgot to feed my kids last night. Hello...great parent, right here!
I love your honesty and trust me...if people will judge you for that, they will judge you for anything and they aren't worth knowing anyway.

April 13, 2009 at 9:01 AM  

Thanks for being sooo supportive girls! It means a lot!

April 13, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

My son is 2 1/2 and still has a binky!

And he is fully potty trained by day but still sleeps in a diaper because I am not a strong enough mother for take away that 8pm cup of milk!

Wow! You are right, that does feel good!!

Love ya!!

April 14, 2009 at 6:34 PM  

I found your blog through Cori's and your husband and my brother were good friends in high school - total six degrees of separation, I know!

Anyway, your honesty is refreshing and reading all the married women's blogs makes me feel better about entering into that next phase myself!

You never know who you help with your honesty and thanks for helping me!

April 17, 2009 at 10:00 AM