Background

Sometimes the things that come out of Braeden's mouth just makes me want to go hide!

Braeden: (to the photographer at our class reunion) "You have a big head".

Braeden: (to the Schwan's delivery man) "Why do you wear dirty shoes"?

Braeden: (to the pizza delivery man) "Did you get your front teeth knocked out"?--It was pretty obvious this man had major tooth decay issues and that was why he had several teeth missing.

Braeden: (to his Aunt Lala in the Target check-out line about the woman standing in front of them) "She has yucky hair"!

What do you say in these situations? Do you apologize for your child? Do you scold them? Do you just laugh it off? At this age you know they are not trying to be hurtful. They are just saying what they are observing, but OMG I can get so embarrassed!!

2 comments:

Sucks, doesn't it? If it makes you feel better, when Aidan was 3, he got a haircut from a 400 lb lady with facial hair, and I sat there TERRIFIED that he'd say something about her size. Instead, right in front of her, he starts calling her "sir", and tells me, "She is a man, mom." I felt terrible! She said to me, "Most little kids just ask why I'm so fat." That she-man got a monster tip from me.

April 9, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

That is soooo funny! Probably not as funny for you, but pretty funny for everyone else. :) so cute

April 10, 2009 at 8:04 AM