Every evening I lay out the kiddos clothes for the next day. Anything you can do at night to save time the next morning is the way to go!! Anyways, as soon as Brenna got out of the bath Tuesday evening she was asking me what I was going to pick out for her to wear tomorrow. This is how the conversation went...
Brenna: I am SO excited to see what I am going to wear tomorrow!
I picked out a matching skirt and t-shirt outfit that my parents bought her.
Brenna: Oh, Mama! I love it! I will look so beautiful and the kids will want to play with me!
Me: What do you mean the kids will want to play with you?
Brenna: They will say, "oh you look so beautiful, where did you get that outfit?" Where did I get this outfit, Mama?
Me: You got it from Grammy and Papa.
Brenna: Ok, I will tell them I got it from Grammy and Papa.
Me: Um Brenna, don't you think the kids will want to play with you because you are a nice girl and friend and not because of what you are wearing?
Brenna: (absolutely did not care what I had just said to her)I can't wait to show Daddy what I am wearing!
Too young for this!!! I found it all very disturbing and sad. I think it is sad that she thinks this way. I'm sure none of the kids at school care what she wears and I wish she didn't care as much. The next morning we had this conversation/fight...
Me: How do you want me to fix your hair today?
Brenna: All up.
As I am putting her hair in a pony tail, she changes her mind.
Brenna: Never mind, I want pig tails.
Me: I don't have time to change it now. You can pick pig tails for tomorrow if you want.
Brenna(with her teenage attitude): That's fine!! I will just change it when I get to school anyways!!
I just ignored the comment, but then I started thinking about it later. Am I going to have that child/teenager who packs her "prostitute wear" in her book bag and slips it on along with a ton of make-up once she gets to school. Absolutely not! Little does she know that she is training me now to be a mother who watches her like a hawk. I am learning what she is capable of while she is young, so I will be prepared for the "Future Brenna"!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment