1 year ago
We spent a couple of days last weekend at the lake. I love boating and swimming and the kiddos were very excited to go. My sister and her husband, my parents, my Aunt Terry, Ed and I and the kids all spent the day on the lake. We had a great time!
And then we decided to spend the night. IN A TENT! I am NOT an outdoor kinda girl. I pretty much bathed in bug spray. I hate bugs. All bugs. Bugs that fly. Bugs that crawl. Bugs that make noise. I don't discriminate.
I only agreed to do this because Braeden has been begging us to go camping. I finally gave in and seeing how much fun he had made it all worth it. It's not that I haven't been camping before. I have gone camping so many times that I cannot count them all. We went all of the time when I was a child, but with one big difference, my Grandpa sold RV's. We went camping in style. We had a kitchen, bathroom, beds, and best of all air-condition.
This was different. This was roughin' it. We cooked hot dogs by the campfire and made smores. All the time being attacked by bugs and butterflies. Yes, I said butterflies! They dive-bombed our heads, clung to our clothes, and swarmed all around us. I have never seen anything like it. We even had to move from the campfire to a grill to make the smores because they were such a problem.
We were home the next morning by 7:15am. I made it as long as I could, and then it was Home Sweet Home!! I'd do it all over again to see how much the kids enjoyed themselves. They even enjoyed my ghost stories! But, I can only handle the outdoors in small doses. It might be a couple of years before they convince me to do this again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment