1 year ago
This summer Brenna turned 4 years old!! June 28th, 2011, the same day that Ed and I celebrated our 8th Anniversary! She decided she wanted her birthday at the movies because the new Cars movie came out the Saturday before her birthday. I think she also had some encouragement from her brother. A win, win situation for him...a party and Cars 2!
For some reason Brenna has become quite a fan of Superman. She loves to watch the movies and play with the action figures. To make it a little more "girly" I got her a Super girl cake and she LOVED it!!
I think this is our 3rd or 4th birthday party we have had at the movies and every time we do it, I get so stressed out. I get stressed taking just our two kids to the movies because I always worry if they are going to stay quiet, or who will need to go to the bathroom and how many times they will need to go, and who will spill their drink or popcorn. What if there is a bad word in the movie? On and on, just worrying. So explain to me why I keep having their birthday parties there where I get to worry about it times 15 other children??
Happy Birthday, Sis! I'm glad you and your friends had a good time!
Byrds Dance Recital June 26, 2011

I was the room mother for the recital. We had all of the girls all dolled up. Make-up, curling irons, hair and body glitter, the whole nine yards and they had such fun!

They danced to Benny the Magic Bunny and if I never have to hear that song again, that would be fine with me!!
Brenna had her first dance recital this summer. She looked absolutely fabulous!! I have never seen a cuter bunny!
I was the room mother for the recital. We had all of the girls all dolled up. Make-up, curling irons, hair and body glitter, the whole nine yards and they had such fun!
They danced to Benny the Magic Bunny and if I never have to hear that song again, that would be fine with me!!
This is a picture of Brenna dancing at the rehearsal. Since I was back stage for the actual show, I was able to watch the rehearsal to take video and pictures. She surprised me so much for the rehearsal. If you remember back to when I tried to get her to first start her dance class, she was screaming and crying and refused to go and we had to do the Mommy/toddler class, well that is how she acted when they had to take her from me to go to the dressing room. SCREAMING and CRYING!! But as soon as she got on stage to do her dance, she did GREAT!! She did even better at the actual show. I was so proud of her!

I didn't even think that she was going to get to participate in the actual show, because on the way home from the rehearsal, which was in Lawrence, she threw-up all over her costume. Apparently, and I am NOT judging, but the mothers who were back stage with them for the rehearsal fed them snacks the whole time to keep them quiet and occupied. Well, Brenna's tummy did not like it and she threw-up about half way home from Lawrence. It was all down the front of the costume...matted in the fur collar, stained, everything! My sister was in the car with me and she just looked at me while I was driving and said, "You are going to cry when you see her costume." She was right. I was convinced that I was never going to get it clean enough for her to participate in the show. Luckily I did and the show went on!! But seriously, why does stuff like this have to happen to me? I don't think Brenna has ever thrown-up in the car, but the one time she has on this expensive costume that she needs to wear again, it happens!! Good times!!
I didn't even think that she was going to get to participate in the actual show, because on the way home from the rehearsal, which was in Lawrence, she threw-up all over her costume. Apparently, and I am NOT judging, but the mothers who were back stage with them for the rehearsal fed them snacks the whole time to keep them quiet and occupied. Well, Brenna's tummy did not like it and she threw-up about half way home from Lawrence. It was all down the front of the costume...matted in the fur collar, stained, everything! My sister was in the car with me and she just looked at me while I was driving and said, "You are going to cry when you see her costume." She was right. I was convinced that I was never going to get it clean enough for her to participate in the show. Luckily I did and the show went on!! But seriously, why does stuff like this have to happen to me? I don't think Brenna has ever thrown-up in the car, but the one time she has on this expensive costume that she needs to wear again, it happens!! Good times!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ian said...
First of all, really cute cake! :) Second, we're you guys in the 1pm recital? I don't remember seeing those costumes. We were in the 5pm recital. Oh, and if it makes you feel better, Ava's only "throwing up in the car" happened on the way from my sister's wedding to her reception and she ruined her beautiful flower girl dress. TONS of intricate beadwork. The vomit would just not come out of all that. I was so sad.
August 6, 2011 at 5:07 PM
Ian said...
Oh, and that's me, Cori, above. Did not that Johnny was signed in. ;)
August 6, 2011 at 5:07 PM
Kelly said...
Yes, we were in the 1pm recital. My cousin just asked Brenna to be her flower girl...cross my fingers that doesn't happen!! How devastating! I'm glad that you said the comment was from you. I thought it was weird that Johnny would shay "intricate beadwork" ;)
August 6, 2011 at 5:37 PM