1 year ago
Last Sunday was Braeden's second and final wrestling tournament for the season. During this tournament he wrestled all four rounds no matter how many matches he won or lost, so we were there ALL DAY! Braeden won his first match...due to forfeit. The other wrestler did not show up.
His first match was the 7th overall match on his mat. HE DIDN'T WRESTLE AGAIN UNTIL MATCH 56!!! It seemed like forever and with all of that time on our hands, I think Braeden got uninterested and bored really fast. He was pinned on his second match in a matter of a few seconds!
Match 3 went a little better...still pinned, but he fought a little longer this time.
Finally, time for match 4(the last match). Ed was fed up with how the day was going and he really wanted to see him put forth some REAL effort and I know he would have loved to see a win. He promised Braeden he would buy him whatever he wanted if he won. I looked at Ed and said, "Are you really already to this point with wrestling?" Just a little note: Ed promised Braeden the same thing during football season and Braeden did so well after that. Ed doesn't care why he is doing well, as long as he is.
We sat in the same seats in the bleachers all day and the same family sat in front of us all day. Their son was actually the last person Braeden was to wrestle. The match went great! Braeden did great! Braeden did not win, but he also did not get pinned. It was decided by points and we were SO PROUD of him! He really tried his hardest.
After the tournament was over, we packed up all of our gear and were headed out to leave when I heard Ed and Braeden talking about the last child Braeden wrestled and how we never let anyone hit our Mommy. I looked at Ed like both of them were crazy and asked what in the world they were talking about. Nobody had hit me! Ed explained that before the last match, he had told Braeden that the boy that he was wrestling had been hitting his Mommy all day with a balloon and that when he gets out on that mat to hit him good, because nobody hits our Mommy! The child did have a balloon he was playing with, but it certainly never bothered me. ED LIED TO BRAEDEN TO GET HIM TO WIN!! He used Braeden's love and protective nature over me to do it! I was so absolutely appalled that all I could do was laugh. Dads, sports, winning, and their sons-a combination that I will never understand!! What can you do?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cori said...
Omgosh! That made me laugh so hard! I'm so glad that Johnny is not the only dad like that! Ed, you're corrupt, but highly entertaining! :)
February 25, 2011 at 9:03 PM