Background

This year for Valentine's Day I decided to make us a family dinner at home...a special family dinner! We ate in the dining room and I don't recall anytime when the children have been allowed to eat in the dining room. We broke out the china dinnerware, champagne glasses, and linen napkins. We went all out! Our menu included Caesar salad, chicken parmigiana with pasta, and dessert. We had two types of champagne-kid's champagne, as Braeden likes to call it, and Mommy and Daddy champagne. Ed even sprung for the $8 bottle this time!




I spent the morning making our Valentine's Day dessert. We had chocolate dipped strawberries and brownie pops. Very yummy!!





And after dinner, we opened presents! The kids LOVE presents! We have so much candy now that I have no idea what we are going to do with it all. Why do I buy it?...oh, because the stores package it so beautifully and it always appeals to my eyes! Who could pass up chocolates wrapped in pink foil, tied with a pink ribbon, who has a daughter who LOVES PINK!! I had to buy it all!

I know that I say this each year on my Valentine's Day blog, but I am gonna say it again this year and probably next year too-Valentine's Day is so SPECIAL to us because that is the day that we were able to bring Braeden home from the hospital after spending 5 weeks in the NICU. We felt so blessed that day. Love you, Braeden!

0 comments: