All mothers know how important nap time is. It gives us a couple hours of quiet time to get some much needed chores done, to get our mind together for the second half of the day, or just to get in a nap ourselves. Whatever we do with the time, we need it and deserve it!
Yesterday Brenna and I were going to Braeden's school for his class Christmas Party at 2:30, so it was important for her to get in a nap before we went because I didn't need a crabby 3 year old to deal with. I put her down at 11:30. She stayed in her room for about 10 mins before I heard, "I need to potty!" I went up to take her potty and noticed she had barrettes in her hair and bracelets on her wrist, none of which she had before I put her down. I looked on her bed and it was full of toys. She had just been playing! I took all of the toys out of her bed and told her I really needed her to close her eyes and try to sleep.
Not even 10 minutes later, she is out of bed again. I just ignored her and thought she might go back to her room. Yeah right! No nap for Friday, so I decided to get in the shower to get ready for the party and then realized why she didn't want to sleep. I had gotten her a Mocha Frappucino with whipped cream from Starbucks while we were out shopping that morning. What. Was. I. Thinking. POOR Mommy decision, AGAIN!
0 comments:
Post a Comment