I started a workout program at the KCKCC Wellness Center in January. My sister and I worked out with a trainer 2 days a week until the end of May. In January we took our measurements, timed how long it took us to complete one mile, and did as many sit-ups and push-ups as we could in 1 minute. I can tell that my body looks much different and I can do so much more physically than I have in my entire life. I know this sounds so pathetic, but I have NEVER been able to run a mile without stopping at some point to walk. Not only can I run a mile now, but I am getting ready to participate in my first 5K in June. This is something that I never thought I would be able or interested in doing.
At our last session with our trainer, we redid all of our measurements and we did our timed sit-ups and push-ups. Like I said, I could see a big change in my body, so I knew the new measurements were going to be very impressive. NOT SO MUCH!:( I lost a total of 3 pounds the entire 4 months. 3 pounds? How is that even possible?
Well, I was sure the measurements would be more encouraging. I have heard (on TV) how people have lost 10 inches, etc. with certain weight-loss programs, so that is what I was expecting. I lost a total of 6cm. 6cm!! Are you kidding me? Jeremy, our trainer, could tell I was disappointed and he told me that there was no way I had 10 inches to lose in the first place.
The last thing we did was remeasure my BMI. I went from 24% to 18% body fat. I lost 6% body fat! Finally a GOOD result! That was something that I was proud of and I know Jeremy was proud of that too.
I was able to increase my push-ups from 10 to 40 and sit-ups from 32 to 53 in one minute.
More than anything, I am proud of myself for getting in shape and doing things that I never thought I could. At this point, I just have to keep it up and I know that is the hard part. :)
Hilary said...
Kelly...I totally understand! I just finished a 12 week 1-on-1 personal trainer. I busted my bum and have never worked out so much in my life. I also changed my diet 100%. More protein, less fat, and some healthy carbs. I was expecting at least a 10lb drop. When all was said and done I lost 3lbs. I did increase my strength and endurance but seriously for me its a number thing. Anyways, don't give up. I know what you are going through. Good for you doing a 5K! I am sure you look AMAZING...you always have. Thanks for posting your results because they encourgaged me. Have a fun summer. Love HIL
June 1, 2010 at 8:02 AM
Nickie said...
I just seen your picture on facebook for the run this morning, "run against time". I almost did that one but opted out. How was it? You should be so proud! Way to go!!!!
Good job on everything!
June 12, 2010 at 4:58 PM