Background

Challenging Questions

Whenever the kiddos have questions about God or religion, I get a little nervous. I don't feel like I have all of the answers and sometimes I have questions of my own.


On our way to AWANA at church last week, Brenna asked me about the offering she has to take each time she goes.

Brenna: Why do I take a quarter each time?

Me: That is what God has told us you need to take.

Brenna: He did not tell me that. I did not hear him say that.

Me: He has said it in the Bible. (For Brenna's age group, $0.25 is the amount she is told to bring to her AWANA Cubbies class by her AWANA leaders).

Brenna: Well...

Me: (cutting her off mid-thought, because I just wanted the conversation to end and not really knowing how else to explain it). Sis, we just do what the Bible says and therefore you will take a quarter with you each time.

Brenna: (still not satisfied). What does he do with the money?

Me: He uses it for our church and to help others who need it.

Brenna: Ok. Are we going to have treats tonight?

Me: I'm sure you will. (glad that conversation is over, for now)

1 comments:

Oh Brenna...you kill me! LOL

November 27, 2011 at 2:00 PM