It has been awhile since the kiddos have done anything I can poke fun at, I mean, document for their future amusement.
Brenna first: When I got home from work last night I could tell that neither of the kids had brushed their teeth. One of the things that I told them they HAD to do everyday was brush their teeth. Come on, I'm a dental hygienist. As soon as I asked Braeden to do it, he was in his bathroom brushing them. Of course it is NEVER that easy with Brenna. I asked her 3 times and 3 times she told me "No!" That behavior does not fly in this house, so I carried her screaming all the way to her bedroom. She hates being sent to her bedroom, so I use that a lot for her punishment. The kids have no toys in their rooms, so it is a good place for them to be isolated and think about what they've done. When Ed got home we had a talk with her and then she went to brush her teeth.
Later on last night she got a splinter in her foot and it was BIG DRAMA!! You would have thought she needed her foot amputated by the way she was acting. I couldn't even see a mark once I took out the splinter(which I did while Ed held her down because she was flipping out). She went to get a band aid and I told her not to unwrap it until I could get the Neosporin ready because I knew she would just get the sticky ends stuck together and we would just end up wasting the band aid. Again, she did not listen and had it all stuck to her fingers. I, very loudly, told her to put the band aid on the sink and go sit on her bed. She looked at me, walked out of the bathroom and I heard her mumble to herself, "Man, I am in trouble again!" It was all I could do not to laugh!
Braeden's story: This also happened last night. It was one of those nights that just seemed to never end! Last Sunday Ed found two boxes of band aids in the kids' toy room and brought them back to the drawer where they belong in our bathroom, so when I couldn't find the Neosporin last night I went to look in the toy room. I couldn't find it and asked Braeden if he knew where it was. He admitted to taking the band aids in the toy room, but said that he had not touched the Neosporin. Braeden has been a little tricky lately with telling the truth. Ed and I have caught him in a couple of lies, so I didn't know if I should believe him. I decided not to "grill" him any further and went to find another ointment to put on Brenna's "wound".
By this time, Brenna was in Braeden's bed and I went into his room with a one dose sample pack of Neosporin. Braeden thought I had found the Neosporin and looked up at the sky and whispered, "Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you." Who exactly was he talking to?? God?? I am pretty sure he was. I looked at him and said that I had not found the Neosporin, but this was just a sample. He turned over and put his blanket over his face. I'm sure he doesn't remember if he took it or not. I just let it go. I remember those days of saying little prayers so that I wouldn't get in trouble for something!!
Coming Soon!! Disney World 2011 Blog! I still don't know how to get pictures from my camera to the computer, so I have to wait for Ed to do it. Pretty pathetic, I know!
0 comments:
Post a Comment