Background

Summer Has Begun

Today was officially our first "Summer Day". Yep, school is out! I can hardly believe that Braeden has completed Kindergarten. It went by sooo fast. All I want is the time to slow down. My babies are getting so big.

Anyways, back to our first summer day. The weather was BEAUTIFUL today!! The kids are still playing outside and it is after 8pm. I am so thankful that our neighborhood is full of children their age. They are all such good friends and have so much fun together. Braeden even told me that one of the neighbor boys had kissed Brenna. When I asked her about it she said, " yes Mom, he kissed me on the lips." It was like she thought it was no big deal. She's 3!! I, of course, had to go talk to his Mom about it and we just laughed and laughed.

I already feel much more relaxed now that school is out. I haven't had to think about Braeden's reading log or packing lunches or any homework. I think I need a summer break as much as the kids do! I even sat out on the deck today in my swimsuit...no need for the skin cancer lectures, I know it's bad! But...sooooo relaxing!

Here's to long summer days!!

0 comments: