Braeden's first day of Kindergarten was Tuesday, August 17, 2010. He attends Delaware Ridge Elementary School and he is in Mrs. Munford's Kindergarten class. He was very excited to start school and enjoyed his first week very much. He likes to take his lunch to school(in his new Iron Man lunch bag), but also likes to eat the school lunches. We read the menu each night and he decides which he would like to do. He feels like such a big boy when he gets to make his own decisions!
I, on the other hand, did not find his first day as exciting. I was quite emotional all day. My boss's wife asked me about it and I burst into tears. After the first day, I was fine. I think that I just needed to see that Braeden was going to adjust okay and that was comforting to me.
I love walking him to school. It is so convenient to have school so close to us. Wednesday evening I got home as Ed and the kids were getting out of the car. I noticed that Braeden didn't have his backpack and I asked him and Ed where it was. Braeden said he didn't know. I asked Ed if he got it from school and he told me that he didn't get it when he picked up Braeden. We have to sign Braeden in and out of after school care, so we actually have to go inside the school to get Braeden. Ed just left his backpack there. Ed then proceeds to tell me that Braeden was talking about some sort of homework that he had, but didn't know where that was either. Probably in the backpack??? Ed said, "Oh well, we can just get it tomorrow." I DON'T THINK SO! Our child is not going to already miss a homework assignment on the 2nd day of school. I immediately jumped in my car and went up to the school to track down his backpack. His after-school teacher told me that she would try to make sure that he went home with it from now on. I told her that was not her responsibility and that his father needed to pay attention to that. All she said to me was, "Good luck with that!"
Brenna was very excited for Braeden's first day!
Braeden wasted no time jumping right in and playing with the other kids!
0 comments:
Post a Comment