Background

Change in Brenna's World

Last week was Brenna's first week of part-time preschool. She goes to Tots and Tales, Monday-Wednesday. I thought she would enjoy staying home with me, but when we woke up on Thursday morning and she realized she wasn't going to school the tears started rolling down her cheeks. Of course that made me feel like a million bucks, but I will have to say that the day did get better. We attended out first Mommy and Me dance/gymnastics class at Byrd's that morning and she decided that it was okay to stay home. She had fun!

Last Thursday was Brenna's first dance class with other 2-3 year olds. We didn't even make in the door and the screaming and crying started. The director decided it might be best if we started coming to the Mommy and Me class to get her acclimated. The Hello Kitty earrings I bought her as a bribe to behave at dance class didn't even work! So now here I am on Thursday mornings participating in dance/gymnastics class. We are in the class with 2 other Moms and their 18 month olds. After class all I heard was, "That was fun!" She asks everyday if we can go back to dance class, so I am hoping she will get brave and go to her original class with girls her own age.

This is a picture of Brenna and I making cupcakes together. I am excited to be doing more of these kind of activities with her.


Another change for Miss Brenna was her first haircut. She has never had her hair cut and it was just getting way too long and was such a headache to wash. As you can see in the picture, nothing is ever easy with Brenna and she did NOT want to cut her hair. Once again, a bribe was in order and she got some chocolate!








She had 5 inches cut off and once it was all over...a smile appeared!



Love you sis!

0 comments: