Wow! August has brought about so much change and it is making me emotional, stressed, excited for the future, and thankful for all we have.
First of all, I can't believe that tomorrow morning I will be walking my little boy to elementary school for his first day of Kindergarten. Where did the last 5 years go? I have had a lump in my throat all day just anticipating tomorrow. I am excited for him to be meeting new friends, learning new things, and beginning this stage in his life, but I just want him to stay a little boy.
I don't want him to have to experience all of the negative things that go along with school. I won't be able to be there to protect him from teasing, or heaven forbid bullying. I am nervous for him. I want him to continue to have his innocence.
To sum up this Kindergarten stuff...I am a mess. I have a thousand different emotions, thoughts, and concerns flowing through my head. I hope Braeden handles his first day better than I will!
Brenna is now at Tots and Tales by herself and we are going to try just sending her 3 days a week instead of Monday-Friday, which is what she has been doing for the past year. I am cutting down to three days a week at work, so Brenna and I will be hanging out together on Thursdays and Friday. Hopefully we will enjoy our mother-daughter time together. I am looking forward to it. I will have to say, when I asked Brenna if she would like to spend a few more days at home with me or continue to go to school everyday, she said, "I want to stay home with Daddy." She always knows just the right words to stick it to Mommy!
Brenna will also start dance class at Carol Byrds this week. She was a crying, screaming mess when we took her to enroll. She wanted nothing to do with it, so I am very stressed about how she will behave at her first class on Thursday. I know this is not a very "ideal" parenting thing to do, but I took her to pick out and buy new earrings and if she behaves on Thursday, she can have them. Yep, a bribe! Whatever it takes!
Along with a lot of change, comes a lot of expense. Enrollment fees at Delaware Ridge Elementary, a technology fee, lunch fees, school supplies(my child needs 12 glue sticks, seriously?), enrollment fee at Tots and Tales, enrollment fee at Byrds Dance, new school clothes, shoes, tap shoes, ballet shoes, leotards, presents for bribery...it just goes on and on. Oh, and our last name starts with "M", so our car tags are due as well.
Enough. This blog has been all over the place, but I guess you can just say that is how I feel. My mind is everywhere. I am ready for August to be over.
Cori said...
I hear you. First of all, August is terrible financially---yuck! Secondly, sending Ava to kindergarten is heartbreaking.
I'm happy Brenna will be at Byrd's! :) We haven't even enrolled this year yet---waiting until after Labor Day. I kind of felt like the camel who's back would break, and that was one more straw. LOL
Good luck this week! I'll be praying for you!
August 16, 2010 at 10:13 PM