Background

Posting on this blog has become less and less. Two to three evenings a week, my sister and I are working with our personal trainer and trying to make time for spinning class...usually 6am on Fridays. Brenna, our two year old, brings home 6 pages of homework to be done each week and a "sound sack", which has to be filled with items that begin with the letter of the week. Not to mention the baths, breakfasts, dinners, laundry, bedtime stories, and of course TV watching that we need to cram into our evenings. Things have been BUSY. So the blog has suffered!

What's going on with Braeden? He is having his first sleepover with a non-relative tonight. I do not know how I feel about that. Zach is Braeden's best friend from school and he has stayed at our house, but there is just something about letting my child go to someone's house (that I don't know very well) and be under their care that makes me feel uneasy. I'm sure all will be fine, but I am just nervous. I guess this is how I am going to feel about all of his "firsts" as he gets older and does things away from his father and I, but it makes me sad.

What's up with Miss Brenna? She has been saying the funniest things lately! A couple of nights ago at dinner she asked if she could have a treat. Ed said if she finished her dinner she could pick out a cookie. Her response was (with her eyes rolling), "don't tell me that!" Oh my! YOU ARE TWO YEARS OLD!

Last night we were waiting for a table to eat at a restaurant and I was holding her and she farted. I felt it and heard it. She looked at me a said rather loudly, "Mama, I farted. Excuse me." Yes, she was polite about it.

Brenna was doing one of her homework papers this week, which was trying to write her name and Braeden was doing his best to help her, but was getting frustrated. She looked at him and said, "Braeden, RELAX!"

My goal is to try to keep up better with this blog, but who knows!!

0 comments: