After church this morning we went to have breakfast at Danny's. I went to the bathroom and noticed that I had a rip in the seam of my pants. I bought the pants from Ann Taylor-so NOT cheap. I was kind of upset, but my Mom looked at them and told me they would be easy to fix and she could do it for me. When we got in the car, I told Ed that my Mom said she could fix my pants. Here is the rest of the conversation:
Ed: You have a sewing machine. Why can't you fix them?
Me: I don't even know how to load the thread onto the machine.
Ed: You are a woman. Weren't you born with that kind of knowledge?
Me: (I gave him the "You did not just say that to me" look)
Ed: Before you get all upset, just forget that I said that.
Yeah, I'll forget it for now. In his defense, I did beg him for a sewing machine and still have NEVER used it and really have no desire to learn, but if he EVER says anything like that to me again, I just may have to learn to sew his LIPS shut!
0 comments:
Post a Comment