Background

Homebound

I am off work all week with the kids because their school is closed for Christmas break...just one side comment on that subject-why does this school still make us pay tuition for a week when they are closed? Really? Does that seem fair to anyone?

Anyways back to the point of this post...the kids and I are having a great time together. I was a little nervous that I would be pulling my hair out, especially with all of the snow and not really being able to get out and about, but not so. We have watched movies, played with all of their new toys, made messes with play dough, spilt fingernail polish all over the couch and carpet, taken naps (my favorite), potty trained pretty successfully, and just really spent some quality time together.





Brenna is really being such a sweetheart this week. She seems very attached to me and is always asking me to hold her or give her a kiss. I think that she is just one of those children that needs a lot of attention and affection. She loves to be praised.

Braeden has been being a great big brother. He loves to clap and cheer Brenna on when she goes potty and he has been doing the sweetest thing for her...I will ask Brenna if she has to go potty and she will tell me "no" just because she doesn't want to make the effort, so Braeden will say he has to go and start towards that bathroom. Brenna will then jump up and say she has to go too, because she wants to do EVERYTHING her brother does. Every time she does this he just looks at me like "we got her" and he will give me a high five! Such a sweetheart!

Braeden did say something last night that caught me off guard. He told me that he didn't want me to die. I asked him why he was even thinking about things like that and he just said,"he would miss me a lot and he didn't want me to die for a long time." I really hope he is not worrying about that. What a horrible thing for a child to be thinking about.

I am excited Ed will be able to join us for the remainder of the week with the New Years holiday! The kids love when he is home from work!

0 comments: