Background

Bad Table Manners

I have to preface this story by saying that each night at dinner Braeden and Brenna talk about what they are going to eat for dessert after they eat all of their food. On Monday night, Braeden decided he wanted a cupcake after dinner. Brenna started screaming that she wanted a cupcake as well. Like we do every night, we told them they would only get a cupcake if they finish everything on their plate. As soon as we said that, Ed and I watched Brenna put everything from her plate into her napkin, fold it in half, and then say "all done"!! OMG! She really thought we had no clue what she had just done.

Ed decided that she needed to learn a lesson, so he went and got three cupcakes out of the fridge. One for me, one for Braeden, and one for himself. He sat them down on all of our plates and he and Braeden proceeded to eat them while talking about how good they were. I couldn't even look at Brenna! Her big brown eyes were huge and filled with tears. She couldn't believe her Daddy was being so mean and neither could I. It broke my heart! To be honest, I thought what she had done was kind of funny! She thinks she is so sneaky!!

1 comments:

Kids, kids, kids....aren't they hilarious! It is hard for Kevin and I to keep a straight face sometimes because Z says some very funny things. Brenna is smart...she figured if there was no food on her plate then she was done. You almost should have praised her for being quick on her toes...just kidding. Keep the stories coming. I love them. Also looks like you had a wonderful time in Mexico. We went last August and I often am caught day dreaming of it. Is your sister going to find out what she is having?

June 3, 2009 at 9:54 PM