Background

Cancun, Mexico 2009

Where to begin? What a WONDERFUL trip! Cancun is absolutely beautiful and due to the "Swine Flu" outbreak, it was quite an empty city, which was to our advantage. Our resort was only at 30% capacity, so we got the best service.

We left at 6am Thursday to head for the airport. My sister and her husband James, my cousin Miranda and her boyfriend RJ, and Ed and I took a picture before leaving...



When we arrived at the resort, we were greeted with glasses of champagne. Little did they know that we did not want "glasses" of champagne, we wanted bottles!! We were ready to get our moneys worth of food and drinks!




The view from our balcony was GORGEOUS! Every room at The Royal Cancun Resort has an oceanview, so we were able to watch the beautiful sunset and sunrise everyday!




Lindsey's Birthday was on Sunday, so we got all dressed up for a nice dinner out. There were quite a few restaurants to choose from at the resort. They all had different types of food. We could choose from Asian Hibachi and sushi, a buffet, Mexican/French, and a restaurant on the ocean.






We all booked in-room massages for Saturday afternoon. Well, Lindsey decided that she would rather charter a boat for deep sea fishing for Saturday. I told her that fishing wasn't really my thing, so I didn't want to do that. She did, however, convince me to do the fishing by telling me that we would be on our own "Private Yacht" and I could just lay-out and relax. Private Yacht was all she had to say and I was on-board. Well..."Private Yacht" my ass! We were on a nasty, dirty fishing boat and the next picture will explain how much fun I had.



I could not keep my breakfast down! I threw up the entire time! It was a miserable trip and I can't believe I was talked in to giving up my massage for that. Never again!!
James and RJ did catch some beautiful fish however...


After dinner each night we were given shots and they were HUGE!!







The pictures of the pool area speak for themselves. It was picture perfect. We spent most of our days laying at/in the pool and sipping our Pina Coladas.








I could not have asked for a better time and better people to have gone with. We had a great time together and everything was beautiful as you can see. I would highly recommend The Royal Resort in Cancun-it's worth every penny!!

2 comments:

I find that going on a couples vacation with people you really like is when you have the MOST fun! Glad you two enjoyed your trip...

June 1, 2009 at 12:32 AM  

It looks beautiful there! Glad you guys had a great time.

June 3, 2009 at 9:15 AM