Brenna and I had a rough couple of days this week--all due to EARRINGS! I decided to pierce Brenna's ears for her 1st Birthday. A girl at church had her daughter's ears pierced and told me that she was so glad she did it at a young age because now her daughter never even realizes she has them in. She is just so used to them. I thought that sounded like a good reason to get it done while she was young. Well, it had been a good decision up until this week. Monday, I noticed she had taken out one of her earrings and it was nowhere to be found, so I had no choice, but to put in her diamond earrings she got for her 1st Birthday from her Aunt Lala and Uncle James. I only let her wear those for special occasions, but I had to put them in so her holes wouldn't close up. Well, every morning this week I found them laying in her crib-out of her ears. My parents decided to buy her several new pairs for Valentine's Day with "kid proof" backs. Whatever!! Not kid proof. I put those earrings back in her ears 5 times on Friday and every time I had to deal with a screaming little girl who was throwing a tantrum! She must have realized that Mommy wasn't giving up because she hasn't removed them since Friday. Round II goes to Mommy!!
Brenna, you always keep me on my toes and I love your tough, stubborn personality. You are going to be such a strong little girl and I invite the challenge of raising you! I wouldn't have it any other way! Luv you, Brenna!
Cori said...
I think I need an Aunt Lala to buy me diamond earrings! I can't believe she's messing with her earrings. I don't think Ava has ever noticed her's-----still. Can't wait to see her next week!
February 16, 2009 at 12:20 PM