Background

Grandpa...We Miss You




One year ago last week I was holding my Grandpa's hand as he passed away. He was such a loving, caring, honest, giving person. I really could go on and on about all of his wonderful personality traits. He would do anything for anyone and never put himself first. I am glad that Braeden is old enough that he will have memories of his Great-Grandpa. Although, it breaks my heart when he tells me, "Mama, I miss Papa Amos. Where is he?" It is so hard to answer these questions for a 3 year old. I just explain to him that Papa Amos is in heaven and we will be able to see him there again some day. I hope Braeden will grow up to be the kind of person my Grandpa was.

2 comments:

I feel for you. I miss my Grandpa everyday. Kids are so lucky when they have grandparents who love them. I think it stays with them their whole lives, no matter how young they are when they lose them.

December 14, 2008 at 7:59 PM  

That is such a sweet post Kelly. Thank you for sharing it!

December 14, 2008 at 8:42 PM