Background

Student Leader

My son is part of The CREW!!

I received a phone call this week from Braeden's teacher, Mrs. Munford. She told us that she had nominated Braeden for Student Leader at school and he would be recognized on Friday at a school assembly. She wanted to make sure that Ed and I were there to see it. This is his first "school recognition" and Ed and I were so proud of him!

At DRE (Delaware Ridge Elementary) they have a school assembly called Community Circle on Fridays(I think it is just once a month). Parents are welcome to attend. During this assembly teachers who have nominated students as Student Leaders are able to speak about the student and the student receives a red t-shirt that says, CREW on it.

Mrs. Munford said the nicest things about Braeden! She said he was a born leader and that he has learned to lead in a group setting without overpowering everyone else, which was one of his goals for the semester. Braeden is the first student that Mrs. Munford has nominated this year. We were so proud to see him go in front of the school and he was so excited!

Okay, the bragging is over.

0 comments: