Background

Halloween

Halloween is approaching and therefore the costume magazines have started arriving in the mail. Braeden decided to look through one and found the costume he wanted...Darth Vader. Well, he was unaware that I had already decided (like 6 months ago) that Brenna would be a KU cheerleader and Braeden would be a KU football player. I have already bought Brenna's outfit and I just found a NCAA KU football uniform for Braeden. What is a Mom to do? Should I give up on my cute idea of matching, themed costumes and let him be what he wants? I think not!

It is only going to get harder as they get older to make them wear a costume they don't want, so I think this will be the year to get my way. Right? Or am I being a horrible Mom? I think that once the football uniform comes, he will love it. Braeden is starting football in October, so he should be excited to get a real helmet to wear-at least that is what I keep telling myself.

Perhaps the solution is to buy both costumes. Braeden can wear his Darth Vader costume around the house for dress up, but he can be a football player for Halloween. I guess we will all find out if Braeden or Mommy got their way when my children ring your doorbell for trick or treats!!

3 comments:

Poor Kid... He cries everytime you tell him he can't be Darth Vader! How could you tell that sweet face NO?!... Keep in mind the beautiful child who was forced to be a trash digger 3 years in a row and how it has affected her adult life.

September 1, 2009 at 9:05 PM  

I think you have the perfect compromise....KU Costumes for halloween and photos. Darth Vader for the house. Just tell him that Darth Vader might scare the little trick or treaters...would that work? I want to see pics either way. Hope you guys are doing good!

September 1, 2009 at 11:21 PM  

Audrey and Lucy will change their minds 582 times between now and Halloween. Exactly why I wait until the week before to buy costumes. There is still lots of time for him to change his mind (with a little help) :)

September 2, 2009 at 6:24 PM