Background

Friday evening we finally decided it was time to get Braeden new shoes. I always put off getting him new tennis shoes because the first time they are worn to school , he will come home with the shoes already muddy, stained, or just plain dirty. Well, being that his toes were hitting the end of his shoes, we knew we better get him some new ones.


We walked into the shoe store and the sales woman asked if she could measure Braeden's foot. I said, "Sure! It will be great to know what size shoe he needs." Braeden takes off his shoe and I about died of embarrassment when I saw his sock! ALL OF HIS TOES HAD RIPPED THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS SOCK!! This is what me, Ed, Braeden, the sales person, the whole store saw...










Ed dressed Braeden Friday morning, so I looked up at him and gave him the worst look and asked him why he would put him in socks that looked like this. He said he didn't and Braeden replied with, "Yes you did Daddy!!"



We felt so trashy that we bought two pairs of shoes. Why did we buy two pairs? Was it because we thought they might think we had some money? Was it so they didn't think we neglected our children? Who knows! I just know I felt better buying two new pairs until we went to pay and the sales person asked if we would be needing socks too!!!



4 comments:

Oh my gosh, that made me laugh out loud! It made me laugh even more that you bought two pairs of shoes! That is so something that we would do. :)

August 17, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

I too was going to say exactly that- I laughed out loud. That is great!

August 17, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

Believe it or not this has happened to me too except it wasn't Zachary it was Kevin. I about died in the store. He claims there was not a huge hole in his sock the morning he put them on. However at 6pm one magically appeared. He must have had one busy day in the office, right? Too funny. Don't feel too trashy, we are the same :)

August 18, 2009 at 8:40 AM  

Great story! I think you handled the situation with style... That's something I dread happening with Andrew. He NEVER throws out the junkie socks.

August 22, 2009 at 9:18 AM