I am so happy with how Braeden is doing at Preschool. For those of you who don't know, he is attending Tots n' Tales Montessori School. I have to admit that I have not always been so impressed with the progress he was making, but in the last couple of months I have really been happy with their program.
He has 3 pages of homework each week that need to be completed by Thursday. He has come a long way with his letters, numbers, and writing his name. He can now recognize and say all of the sounds that each of the letters make. Not only that, but he can SIGN THE ENTIRE ALPHABET!!! He came home the week of Father's Day and signed "Happy Father's Day" to Ed. We were so proud of him!!
He can also say the months of the year, count to 100 by tens, and say his phone number and address.
I don't want this blog to seem like I am bragging, because that is not the case at all. These are probably things that most other children his age can do. But after his last parent/teacher conference, I knew he was behind other children in his class, but now he has really caught up. Not only that, but having a preemie born 10 weeks early, Ed and I did not know what we were going to have to deal with intellectually with Braeden.
At this point, we are very proud of his progress and the dedication of his teacher, "Miss Mary". I think Braeden is pretty fond of "Miss Mary" as well, because he often calls me "Miss Mary"!!
Desiree said...
I used to go to Tots n Tales! I have no idea if she's still there but Miss Sandra was the most beautiful woman in the world to me! I don't know if Miss Mary is the same lady but I had a Miss Mary too. Seeing the phrase 'Tots n Tales' just brought back so many memories, thanks for that! :-)
July 7, 2009 at 9:29 AM