Background

Survival Update

Ed is back and the kids and I did survive, although barely. My head is pounding from all of the screaming Brenna did today. Every time she doesn't get her way, all we hear is screaming and this is LOUD, top of the lung screaming! As I type this, she is screaming because I will not let her hit the keyboard of the laptop. I have started putting her in time out because of all of the screaming and tantrums, but she just immediately gets up and walks away. I have learned from Super Nanny that you have to be vigilant and just continue to place them back in time out until they stay there. I always laughed at the parents on Super Nanny who had to keep putting their child back in time out like 50 times before they actually stayed there. Well, now I'm that parent and it sucks.




I know I make Brenna seem like such a terrible child and I don't mean to. She can be very sweet and she usually has a big smile on her face. I guess I have just been spoiled by how obedient and mild mannered Braeden is. Raising Brenna has been such a challenge for me. She tests me everyday and she is still learning her boundaries. All of this said, I love her so much and we really do have a tight bond. We will just continue to take things day by day.

0 comments: