Background

Been Awhile

I thought that once I started my new work schedule of Mon-Wed, I would have much more time to do things like "blog". Not true. It seems like with more "free time" just comes more commitments. We just take on more and more and really there is no extra time. Therefore, it has been weeks since I've updated this blog. Ed left for New Orleans this morning and the kiddos are watching a Scooby-doo movie, so here I am with some quiet time.

Braeden has been doing so well at school. I can tell he is learning so much and really enjoys being there. He has weekly spelling tests and has done so well with those. We even continue to practice past spelling words, just so he won't forget what he has already learned. He told me yesterday that he thinks we might be the only ones who practice the "old words". :)

This week is Homecoming for Bonner Springs, so he is going to dress for spirit week. Thursday is Twin Day. He needs to find someone in his class to partner up with to dress alike. Try explaining this concept to a Kindergartner. He just doesn't get it and it is so funny. "Mama, you want me to wear clothes like my friend?"

His class is studying Leadership this semester. One of his assignments was to invite a leader in his home to lunch next week. Who did he pick? DADDY, of course! My feeling were hurt for a bit, but I know the two of them will really enjoy their lunch together on Friday. I told Ed he would be having chicken patty with mashed potatoes and green beans. Memories of school lunches!

Brenna is doing well too! She has started going to the dance class we originally enrolled her in and is enjoying it. No more Mommy and Me with 18 month old kids! She is in class with little girls her own age. She has really come a long way in the last couple of weeks with her crying and carrying on every time she goes some place new or meets new people. I hope she is coming out of this phase. Braeden and Brenna attend AWANA at church every Wednesday night. I never thought she would participate in AWANA becasue she is in a class without her brother, but she is loving it! She is becoming more comfortable being by herself.

She still loves make-up, dressing up, putting 10 or more barrettes in her hair, being a mommy to her babies(who are now taking a nap in the play pen...oops, one is crying now!), and bugging her brother! She is starting to do better with recognizing her numbers and letters. We are still having a really tough time teaching her how to write her name. Both her and Braeden are lefties, so Ed and I have trouble understanding that they form letters differently than we do. She will completely write her name backwards and every letter will be backwards. Her teachers are really trying to help her too.

Next weekend, one of my good friends is getting married and I will be a bridesmaid in her wedding and Carson, my sister's son will be turning one. They have a big party planned for him! Once again, just a full week and weekend to look forward too.

0 comments: