1 year ago
The last two weekends have been pretty busy for us. Last weekend some of my girlfriends and I participated in a BBQ cook off. My friend, Sarah, who I work with, puts on this cook off each summer with her boyfriend. It is called the Har-B-Q.
Our theme was Mardi Gras. Our booth had to reflect our theme, so we dug out all of our old beads, boas, and bras. The Mardi Gras "essentials"! Our booth took 2nd place in the competition!
There were several different categories to participate in. We had to make ribs, so Tiffany smoked the ribs for us. That was an all day process and she did a GREAT job! We also had to create our own sauce, which was Sarah's job and she almost won! Amanda made our side dish, spicy mac n' cheese. Yummy! My responsibility was the open category. Since Mardi Gras was our theme, we decided to go with Jambalaya. Two teams tied for first in my category and I was right behind them by a half a point. I lost by a half a point!! One of the judges scored my dish very low, a 4 out of 10, which really lowered my score. If it wasn't for that one person, I would have won!! I had worked really hard and for one person to be so critical about my dish was pretty crappy! :) No matter what, it was a fun experience and such a fun day! How can you beat a day of sun, friends, and all day beer drinking! Looking forward to next year!
My parents came to support us too!
5K at The Legends
Yesterday was the 5K at The Legends. Even up until Friday, I wasn't sure that I could do it. I knew that I could finish the race, but not without walking some. Well, I did it! I finished the race right at 30 minutes and didn't have to walk once. I was so proud of myself. A big "thank you" to Mindy for pushing me to do this. She did a great job too! Our goal was to finish in at least 45 mins, and we both beat that by 15 mins. She finished in 31 minutes! See all that sweat on my tummy! We worked hard and then enjoyed a nice calorie-filled breakfast at IHOP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Desiree said...
Thanks for the encouraging words. You'd think after four months of him traveling, we'd get the hang of it but not yet! I'm hoping you're right and we find that balance!
PS - You should show your email on your profile. That way you can respond directly to comments when they come to your inbox and you don't get comments on your posts that are totally unrelated to what you wrote. Kind of like what I'm doing right now. I'm such a dork. :-)
June 23, 2010 at 5:08 PM